Thursday, January 29, 2009
Baby Names
Recently a lot of people have asked us about the name of our little boy. I wish I could tell them the beautiful name that we both just fell in love with that is just perfect for our little guy. But in reality, we can't agree on hardly anything, and hardly anything feels perfect! It is quite frustrating. Growing up one never actually thinks trying to name someone would be so hard. It wasn't that hard to name the dog, why would a child be any different? You just pick a name right? WRONG! This kid has to live with the name for his whole life. You need to go through every word that could possible rhyme with the name. It needs to spellable, because it is just mean to name a kid something that he has to spell out for everyone forever. In our case, it can't be too traditional but not too trendy. It needs to be known but not over used. It also needs to be a name that will work for a child as well as an adult. Like Toby, great name for a three year old, but can you really take a forty year old man named Toby seriously? Unless you are Tobey Keith of course. (No offense to anyone whose name is mentioned here.) I love the name Henry. Brett is not a fan. We could call him Baby Hank! I love it. He doesn't like Charles, or George. We start to get frustrated and he returns to.... Cletus. Could he be serious?! I certainly hope so, because we are running out of time. We do have some kind of list to take to the hospital with us, but as I said earlier, nothing really seems to be perfect yet. I think we need to see him first before we condemn him to a name he will probably be forever embarassed about.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Jenna - as your friend I need to tell you what I should have told my other friend about that other name :) Cletus sounds like a HeeHaw name. You should name him Henry, that is so cute!
I too like Henry!! My husband and I could never decide on a name so we finally decided on 5 names and then put each name to a hair color. Example Scarlett for me should be a red head name and Isabelle reminds me of little blonde with blue eyes. Luckily for us all of our kids came out with different colored hair and the name fit completely.
Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!
Picking names is hard. Too bad the wife can't always have the last say. Don't we come up with the cutest names anyway?!?
I know you'll find that perfect name. I can't believe you are coming up on your due date!!! You don't have that long now.... I can't wait to hear all about it!
Cletus the Fetus... It's perfect!!!
Dave and I are in the same boat, and I am starting to feel like our baby will just be called baby, or kid, or "hey you" forever... we'll see...
Post a Comment