Wednesday, January 7, 2009
Venting
Last friday, I had to take my glucose test. They wanted me to take it at 28 weeks, but I wanted to take it after the new year. So I went on a day that I didn't have an appointment. I drank that orange drink, which didn't taste too bad. It was a lot like McDonald's orange drink that the kids get. I waited 45 minutes, walked down to the office to get my blood drawn. As I was walking to the office, I got a horrible headache, my skin started buzzing all over, the baby started practicing his gymnastics, and my eyes didn't want to focus. Those symptoms just continued. I got my blood drawn and the girl actually did a very good job, I really don't mind needles and all that stuff. I went back to work, and just about fell asleep during cases. I was exhausted for the rest of the night, but couldn't sleep. The office told me they would call me only if something was wrong with my blood tests. Yesterday, I get a call from their office. I started to worry because I really don't want Gestational Diabetes. But no, the message simply stated... "your blood in the test tube clotted off, so we need you to repeat the whole test again, just stop by our office to pick up the drink, Thank you." HOW HORRIBLE IS THAT? IT IS JUST MEAN AND HEARTLESS! I was sick and determined that I was not going to take that test over. I went into the office and told them my situation, and how I am only 10 weeks, OR Less, away from delivering, I feel fine and I shouldn't have to do that drink again. It didn't work, especially when I told them it made me really sleepy. They just said that is all the more reason to repeat the test. GRRRRR!!!!!!! So, off I go to get my blood tested again this morning. On a side note, the red drink tastes much better than the orange!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Ohhhhh Jenna that sounds horrible!! I hate that test. However everyone has always told me how horrible the drink is but I've never found it to be as horrible as they say. Hope it's not as bad the second time around!!
Bum deal Jenna...how does blood clot in the tube? Was it not sealed right or something? That is super strange...
When I took the test, at first I thought the drink wasn't bad. I think the worst part was having to finish it in ten minutes. I'd hate to have to do it twice! I hope this time it worked!
Oooh, that is awful! My blood sugar was high with Hayden and I had to go get the second test to check for Gestational Diabetes. In that test it came out borderline. It freaked me out. Diabetes runs in my family. Have I stopped eating sweets as my main food source? Nope.
Post a Comment