Thursday, February 12, 2009

People Amaze Me

My friends Dedra and Heather hosted a baby shower for us last night. (A giant shout out to them, Heather actually dipped strawberries and pretzels in blue chocolate. It was so cute and delicious!) It was a little embarassing because I don't like that kind of attention, I feel so wierd and dumb. But there were so many people who came! People who really don't know me very well and who I barely know. But they were so generous! I love the people in my neighborhood and ward. We are so blessed to be living in such a great area.

On a different note, we were at costco yesterday and I was looking for the bread and this old man approaches me and says... "when is your little boy sopposed to arrive?" First of all, I keep forgetting that people can actually tell I am pregnant so that wierded me out, and second, HOW did this guy know it is a boy? Lucky guess? John the Beloved? I don't know, but it was strange. It is funny to me when people ask me when I am due, or how much longer I have because I always forget that I do look pregnant. Who does that? It is interesting to see how pregnancy and a baby bring out the sweet side in people. There are so many people that are so incredibly supportive and just plain happy for us. It is insane! I hope I can become more like that.
So to all the people out there, Thank You!

1 comment:

Tina said...

I had that happen to me today. I was returning something at Kohl's and the lady started talking to the kids and then said, "So, what's this one going to be?" I paused and had to think and then remembered that she was talking about my baby.
Hey, at least we don't feel so horrible and huge that we feel like everyone is staring at us. Right?