Saturday, April 4, 2009

Home

Once again, pictures to come. But, yesterday we were finally able to bring our baby home. He is on oxygen so we have to have him hooked up to a tank and a monitor. Hopefully it will only be for a week or two, but it is so nice to have him home. Even though being in a new place has thrown off his eating schedule, and my pumping schedule. The nurses and doctors were so fabulous at the hospital and we are soooooo grateful for everything they did to help Bryce. They are truly amazing. The situation really was not fun or ideal, but for the situation we had a great experience. It was funny in the special care unit, I was there everyday and got to be pretty good friends with all the nurses and techs. I started to get my own things out of cupboards and actually helped with report at shift change. I will miss some of the nurses, and I am sad I will miss some events in their lives. Even though I still want to be a nurse, I don't think I could ever do babies. It would be way to stressful. So, as for now we are doing great and finally feel like a real family. We love our baby boy!

2 comments:

Tina said...

I'm so glad you guys are finally home. Wow!! You sure have had to deal with a lot in the short weeks that you've had him but I'm so glad to hear that things are working out. You've been in my prayers and thoughts!! I can't wait to see updated pictures of him.

Rosalee said...

Welcome home!! I'm so glad you finally have your sweet baby at home. I hope you can get things back on schedule. We'll continue to keep him in our prayers. We love you guys!