Thursday, March 12, 2009

Update

Weeeel, I went to the doctor yesterday for my weekly check up and there was no change. Disappointing, but I guess I still have a week to go right? Dr. Thorpe was so nice, he asked if I wanted him to strip my membranes (gross I know) and after talking with him about it I most emphatically said yes. Previously, I would have thought it was too early to try some kind of "speed it up" method, but Dr. Thorpe assured me that if my body wasn't ready for the big event the swab wouldn't do anything. So tempted with the thought of having my baby now got the better of me and I agreed. Wow I wish it would have worked! He said if it works/helps, things will start to move within 24 - 48 hours. After work I was so excited I got the baby's room all cleaned (again) and arranged just perfectly and neatly, I don't know what I was expecting, but nothing happened except some out of the ordinary cramps which he said would be normal. So hopefully by tomorrow afternoon we will have made some progress. If not, I guess its not the end of the world to be pregnant for one more week. Unless it turns into two more weeks. I swear sometimes I think this kid will be going to college inside me. Needless to say, we are so darn excited for this little guy to arrive. I am grateful for so many different things, especially doctors who would take pity on a 39 week pregnant lady.

1 comment:

Rosalee said...

I'm so excited for you guys! I hope the little guy makes his appearance sooner rather than later. Maybe he's hanging out inside until you have a name picked out for him!