This totally bugs! There are two other girls here at work that are due the same week I am. Now that we are going to the doctor every week and getting checked on our progress, these two girls have turned it into a race! Like we have any control! They will ask something like this... "so, what did your doctor say?" I will tell them "oh, there was no change." Then they will say something to the effect of..."Oh, I am dialated to a 2!" Then when I tell them that is great they look at me like I am a horrible competitor! I was in the office the other day and one of the girls there asked me when my real due date was. I told them the 18th. Then one of the girls asked when is Amanda due? I said I think they told her the 20th, and immediatly I get screamed at..."no she's not she's due the 14th!!!" Can I say surogate ME MONSTER!!!!? What is the deal with people? Why do they make everything a competition? Personally, I would rather have a healthy baby who chooses to come when he wants than to beat every else to the pushing line. Besides, the person who delivers last, gets more attention right? Stupid Girls!
When I got screamed at about how Amanda is farther along than I am, (which who cares), I simply responded..."good, I hope she goes before me, she is far more miserable, swollen, and fatter than I am anyway. It would be better for her." That shut them up real quick. HA! It just bugs!
On a more friendly note, I have been so blessed during this pregnancy. I didn't get sick in the beginning, my blood pressure has stayed in it normal range-low. My hands and feet only swell up at church, and the best part, I have only gained 20 pounds! It has been an amazing experience for me. But, I am ready for my little guy to come and play on the outside.
5 comments:
Wow. That is really lame. I hate how some people have to turn everything into a competition. I am really excited for you to have your baby. Way to go on only gaining 20 pounds! I gained a lot more than that. Well, let me know when he finally comes! I'm excited to meet him.
Jenna you make me laugh so dang hard sometimes. I liked your response. You have your baby whenever you feel like it! Yeah!
I laughed so hard at your response my little ones wanted to know what I was laughing at. Women can get so catty. I'm glad your doing great and way to go on the 20 lbs. I always get HUGE!!!
Hey, I've been thinking about you lots lately and can't believe that you are due in one week. That is so exciting.
Ya, There are 4 of us in my ward that are pregnant right now, all due within a month of each other and it was seriously a race to see who could find out what they were having first, who started showing first, who is gaining the most right now and when they will have the baby first. I just want to be left out of it all!!! I'm glad you are doing well. I can't wait to see pictures when you have him.
You are hilarious! I miss you!
Post a Comment