Sunday, March 22, 2009
Introducing...
Our new little boy. We do not have a name yet for this sweet little guy, but we will soon. He was born on March 21, 2009 at 3:34 pm. We started labor at about 3:30 pm on Friday afternoon. I didn't sleep at all on friday night, but I let Brett sleep for about 3 hours until I couldn't take it any longer. One of the doctors which I preferred, Dr. Thorpe was set to take call at 7:00 am saturday, so I was holding out for the morning. We barely made it. I finally gave in and we went into the hospital at 6:00 am. I got an epidural at about 7:30 and was finally able to sleep for real. Brett was so sweet the night before, he would rub my back during a contraction, let me sleep for 5 minutes then rub my back again during the next contraction. I think he still got more sleep than I did though. When we came in I was dilated to a 5 and progressed somewhat rapidly, for a while, but then it stopped. When I was at a 7, Dr. Thorpe ordered some pitocin. My contractions never got really strong, but I still progressed okay. When I was at a 7 1/2, they accidentally broke my water and there was a significant amount of meconium in the fluid. So we bagan to prepare for some aspiration issues. When I was complete, they had me try pushing, and the doctor said he would come when the baby was crowning. I started pushing, and Susan our amazing nurse, turned around. When she turned back, it was holy cow! There's a baby's head coming out. I had only been pushing for abou 35 minutes. We had to wait about 20 minutes for Dr. Thorpe to arrive and 10 minutes later out he came. He has a bacterial infection in his lungs so they put him in the NICU, and he will have to stay for 1 week. We have faith and know that he is going to be just fine. I especially have been so impressed with the care we have recieved here at Timpanogos Regional. The nurses and staff have been fantastic. We will post more later! Enjoy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Congrats!!! How wonderful! I know how hard it is to have a baby in the NICU but I really do believe that its a piece of heaven... angels are there helping the babies go through the stuff that they do to try to sustain life. And, then of course, the angel nurses.. they have to have a gift to work in the NICU. Yeah!!! Oh, something funny... all this time I thought that your blog didn't really exist but come to find out... I was spelling it wrong all this time. I have a lot to catch up on. LOVE YOU! Get some sleep while you can!
Congratulations, Brett and Jenna!! I am so happy for you guys! Your son is so cute! I'm sorry your little guy is in the NICU. David and I will definitely keep him in our prayers. I hope you are feeling well. I would love to do something for you within the next few weeks. Can I make dinner for you some night? I'll give you a call in the next week or so and set up a night to bring in dinner.
What a cute little face!!! He's finally here Jenna! That is so wonderful. You are now officially a mom!! YEA!!! I'm glad everything went as smoothly as it did for you. Only 35 min. of pushing on your first is incredible. I had almost 2 hours of it!! I was really tired!! I pray that your sweet baby will recover quickly and you can take him home and spoil him rotten. Congratulations Mamma!!!
Hey, he is soooo cute! I can't wait to meet him! I know you hate to be asked this but--How are you feeling? When are you being released.? What can I do for you? Love you! We've been praying for you!
Congratulations!! He is sooo cute! Sad that he has to be in NICU, but try to get some sleep caught up while you can. Keep us posted. Can't wait to see him. Love ya
Congrats!!!! You guys look beautiful all together!!!
He is absolutely beautiful!!! Hope you are doing ok and you get plenty of rest! Remember sleep when your baby sleeps.
YAY! He is so precious! I am sorry to hear about him staying in the NICU. Are you over there all the time? I hope you get to bring him home soon and i hope you are feeling okay.
Congrats Jenna! I'm so excited for you both. He's adorable!
Post a Comment