Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Indian Food



So, in order to avoid the grocery store and traffic, I have decided to only go twice a month.  We (mostly I) sit down and write down what we want to eat for the month.  I did this the other night and came up with some pretty good ideas, a good grocery list, and a plan.  Today I made an Indian Chicken Curry.



I don't know if you can really tell the color by the picture, but it is a light mustard yellow.  Not the most appetizing color, but sometimes Indian food is like that.  I was kinda apprehensive, but it was delicious!  I got the recipe out of the World Wide Ward Cookbook.  I love that cookbook.  It is full of yummy things.  I love Indian food so this was a great find.  So was this...

It is store bought, but still delicious.  It's Naan (Indian Tandoori Bread) you just warm it in the oven.  I kinda over baked it a little, but it just made it crunchy, but I love bread like that.  Isn't it fun to try new recipes?  I love it when they turn out really good.  I will post the recipe later, gotta go to a relief society mtg.  And the local fire alarm is going off.... Gotta run!


Popsicles are yummy!

2 comments:

Rita said...

Is your naan from trader joe's? I love that stuff.

Jenna said...

I got the Naan from Wegmans. I think it is pretty much the same store though.