Monday, August 16, 2010

White Coates and Berry Stains...

At the end of orientation week, the school does its "White Coat Ceremony."  This is where all the incoming medical students recieve their first (short) white coat (signifying their status as a "physician.")  It was pretty exciting.  It was held in the Interfaith Chapel on campus.  It was a beautiful building, but horrible for pictures.  I tried fixing the pics on photoshop, but I don't know... Anyhow, Brett is officially a medical student.  He looks really good in his new white coat. 



Saturday, we went to an orchard/farm to pick our own fruit!  It is so cool!  Its called Green Acre's Farms.  It was awesome!  We picked Blueberries, Blackberries, Raspberries, and a few Nectarines.  These berries are so delicious!  Plump, ripe, and juicy.  Baby would pick a berry and just eat it.  It was really nice to just let him do it.  We had a lot of fun.  Even though they are my favorite berry, I was kind of avoiding the blackberries at first, because their bushes can be really beasty!  I didn't want to hunt very hard for them and get my hair stuck, get scratched or mangled in any sort of way.  But our new friends the Hunters said they actually weren't that bad.  So we tried.  They were so easy to find.  We still had to dive into the inner sanctums of the bushes, but they were thinned out really well.  We got lots of berries and they are huge monsters.  MMMMMMmmmmm, so good.  Bryce loves blackberries too.

Can you see all the black berry juice all over him?  I was worried it would stain his skin and make him look beaten, but it actually came off with a Huggies wipe.  (Gotta love baby wipes, they're good for anything.)  You know what else takes berry juice off a baby's face?
That's right, Nectarine Juice!  Baby ate a whole one even after he had eaten a hole bushel of berries!  He loves fruit!  He is so funny. 
I just like this one.  He loved to climb in between the bushes and run.  That is all he does.  Brett always says he has two speeds.  Stopped, and Running.  He is so fast.  He can get into anything he knows is off limits before you can say no.  We love him though.  We are glad he is curious.

3 comments:

Katie said...

Congrats!! So excited for you guys! It looks like New York is treating you well so far!

Unknown said...

Brett looks so official!

Tina said...

Congrats on the white coat!! How exciting!!
I loved that picture with Bryce and the berry juice all over his face!! So funny!!