Baby was ready, even if it was really really early.
Mom and Dad were ready too! You see those numbers? Thats right, it was race time! We ran the Freedom Days 5K. It was so awesome! I had such a blast. Running outside is so much different than running inside on the treadmill. It is hard! So, a little over a month ago, my friend Morgan asked if I would run the 5K with her. I was thinking... Sure, that would be good for me right? I told her I would so do it. I told Brett we were going to run the 5K and he would have to be at the finish line with baby, but Brett said... "can't I run it too?" I was like..."Cool!" Since Brett was going Morgan's husband Josh decided to do it too. We were all going to train and get really good at running before the race. I tried to run 3 miles, but 2 was about all I could get out. I was okay if it took an hour to do. So we went to the race at 6:15 am. Started at 7 am. Army Brett pushed the stroller with baby. And sped off into the distance. I jogged my normal slow pace, but I was able to run the whole thing. It was a fabulous experience. We got to run the parade route, so there were quite a few people cheering us on. We had to run up 900 east in Provo, which looks really steap. It was hard but I did it! The finish line was so cool because there were so many people cheering for you. Brett and I loved it so much we signed up for another 5K for this Saturday. It is going to be fun!
After the race!
5 comments:
Cool! I'm so proud of you!
Nice job!! I love 5K's.
Wow! Way to go! That is amazing! I'm so glad you were able to run the whole time. What an accomplishment! I bet this Saturday will be even better!
That is so fun! I love that you two (I mean 3) have a new little hobby! Go Jenna!!!
Congrats Jenna! That's freakin' awesome!
Post a Comment