Monday, July 6, 2009

Fourth of July Celebrations!

The fourth of July is my favorite holiday! I love summer, I love red, white, and blue. I love the comradery our nation shares on this holiday. No matter what your politcal stand point is, whether you like the president or not, our country comes together to celebrate its "birthday." Just a few thoughts... How awesome is it that we live in a free country? It can be expensive, but we have so many opportunities, and freedom of choice that so many other nations do not have. I often wonder what I did in order to merit being born in this country. Anyhow, on with more fun thoughts. At Thanksgiving Point's electric park, they shoot off fireworks. The big fireworks, not lame little ones you buy from the booths outside the supermarket. It is free and so much fun! We brought our little hibachi grill and grilled up some burgers. My mom brought my favorite cabbage salad, watermelon, and the most amazing apple pie. What is more American than that? Rachel, Mic, Mom, Bryce and I sat around and talked while Dad and Brett battled it out again on the cribbage board. Brett even brought his head lamps to aid their visual needs when it started to get dark. The works started about 10:30 pm and were beautiful. I was a little worried that Bryce wouldn't make it, but he did great! He even watched them for a little while, then drifted back to sleep. It was a wonderful holiday!

1 comment:

Camille said...

Yay for Independence Day :)