I came down the stairs to find my baby had gone missing. I started to panic, until I saw two little feet attatched to the cupboards. It was perfect, I only wish he could say... "Daddy's gonna kill Ralphie!"
You say... "Has anyone seen Baby?" Then baby pops out of nowhere to surprise you. It is quite the game and it can last forever. He also likes to play this while wrapped up in the curtains.
My little conductor.
As with most kids they have toys, some kids have better and bigger toys than others. Here at Whipple Park, if you leave your toys outside, they become communal property. Its great for me, I don't have to go out and buy he expensive cool toys that always light up little kids faces, and yet, my child still gets to play with them.
I don't think some people would like that, but here its kinda expected for toys left outside. It is a wonderful place to live though. There is lots of room, kids, and toys for Baby to play with. Today he decided not to take a nap, and was wholly enoyable (totally being fasicious!) I love my baby, but when nap time is messed with the day just goes to pot. We usually put him to bed at 9, but at 7 he still kept running into everything and actually hurting his head (most of the time it doesn't seem to hurt him cause he still does it.) So I put him down at 730. He was pretty mad but what was I supposed to do? I thought that if he didn't stop crying after 15 minutes we would go for a walk, but he fell asleep. I went to check on him and at first I couldn't see him in his crib. My heart sank, I thought... "Oh no! Not only can he climb out of his crib and has entered a new phase that I am totally not ready for and he landed on his head and is dead on the floor! What a great Mom." But then I did notice two cute little feet poking out of the blanket. Phew! I just hope he sleeps until at least 7 tomorrow morning. We got some blackout curtains hoping that would help him stay asleep until 830. It worked the first night and got me all excited, but it was just a tease. It hasn't worked since.
I dunno what we were thinking, but we got Baby a pet. Can you believe that?! A pet for an 18 month old. This is what happened. We decided it would be fun to get a little tank pet, a lizard , a frog, or something. We went to PetCo with our son and started to look around. I had put Baby in the cart and we headed off. While looking at the adorable fire bellied toads there is a ton of commotion coming from the cart. Jumping and wailing, and thrashing about. We look down and our baby is freaking out about a tank about 15 feet away full of GOLD FISH! The wailing-squeals of glee. The jumping-Baby stomping his feet. The thrashing-Baby signing fish as fast as he can, over and over and over and over..... Brett says simply... "I guess he picked what kinda pet HE wants." It was the cutest thing in the world. We got a little Betta fish that we lovingly have continued to call Mr. Fish. (Pics coming soon.) He is in Baby's room (insane I know. Someday he will be tall enough to actually grab the bowl, but not yet.) He gets so excited to see Mr. Fish, he will stand in front of the bowl and wave (saying Hello, he is actually getting really good at saying Hi.) I just love it. Actually picking a fish and what kind of apparatus to house him in was a challenge, but it all worked. Here's a plus, if you have a betta fish, you can just pour spring water in the bowl and you don't have to chemically treat it. Its great! I know this was a long post, and i don't blame you for not reading all of it. But, I think our life is pretty fun! TTFN! Tatta Till Next Time... oops.
1 comment:
you are too cute! Makes me want to get Lucy fish.
Post a Comment