Thursday, June 4, 2009
He grows so fast!
Up until Tuesday, Bryce has slept in a pack'n play in our room at night. We decided Tuesday that it was time to put him in his own room and in a crib. The times I had tried to put him in his crib did not go so well, but you have to keep trying right? This time was the first time I tried at night, and I put down a minky blanket that he likes and put him on top of it. He cried for 1 hour! It was aweful, but the doctor said it is okay if he cries. I just tell myself he is clean, safe, and fed so he is fine. All the while I am crying inside. We would go in and calm him down, but he still cried. Finally I picked him up, fed him a little more and put him back. He still cried. We went to bed and all of a sudden after 2 hours, he stopped crying. It was great! But then, at 1 am, Bryce woke up again. He has never woken up that early, so I got a little worried that he was starting a new trend. So I sleepily fed him again and put him back down. He went right back to sleep that time. Then he didn't wake up again until 7:30. He is a very good baby. Last night, I geared up for a crying fest when at 9:30pm I put him in jammies, fed him and laid him down. Sure enough, he started wailing again, Urgh! My heart was breaking. Then after only 10 minutes, everything was quiet. We went to bed and we didn't hear from him again until 6:30 am, around his normal time to want some num nums. It was amazing! I am so excited that he likes his crib and that he can be in his own room. It is horrible and wonderful at the same time. I wish he could stay little for longer, but I guess I have to go with his flow. Bryce now weighs about 12 lbs, and is over 24 inches long. He grows so darn fast!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I know what you mean about it being wonderful and horrible at the same time! I was so sad when we moved William to his own room. I thought to myself, first his own room, next he'll move out of the house! A little dramatic, I know. But time just goes so fast!
He is so cute! I hate that transition into their own room. But it has to happen.
Yay! What a good son!
Post a Comment