Thursday, April 12, 2012

Easter Egg Hunt

Ready, Set, Go!  Whipple Park Annual Easter Egg Hunt!  We love living in Whipple Park, they have great activities and this is one of our favorites.  Everyone brings 6-12 candy filled eggs, the GCAs go hide them, and each child gets to "find" as many eggs as they brought (that is the rule, but not always followed).  We brought 6 eggs, I cut an egg carton in half and stapled a construction paper handle on it, decorated it with stickers and B's name so he could fill each hole up and know that he was done gathering eggs.  I thought I was pretty smart, some other people thought it was a good idea too.  It worked really well too, except Bean found 4 eggs, one was shaped like a lion and he thought he was done.  I urged him to gather 2 more before the big kids got them all, and he picked them up, but he really like the lion and the toucan shaped eggs.  It was really fun.



I love this picture, aren't 3 year olds adorable?

The lion and the toucan, who needs anything else?


 Brett has really started studying hard for the Step I exam he takes in June, so I don't ask him to be home a whole lot, but I really wanted him to be there for the egg hunt.  I asked him to be home at 1045 thinking the hunt would start at 1100.  He got there a little late, but he did come home early.  That was really nice.  We were able to spend a little bit of Saturday together.  A big shout out to Melanie who took pictures for me so I could help Toddles with his egg hunt.


Daddy and Toddles enjoyed a little game of chase before we went home.  Toddles' favorite game "in the wholllllle world" as he says it.





We had a lot of fun dying eggs on saturday night.  I had boiled 12 but only 10 made it to the bath.  That was perfect!  8 would've been okay too.  He really liked it.  No pictures, but Easter Sunday was glorious.  The sun was shining so bright, and it was almost 50 degrees.  A perfect day.  Bryce wore a new outfit Mimi sent him for his birthday that just so happened to be perfect for Easter.  Thanks Mimi!

No comments: