Thursday, October 21, 2010

Apples, Pumpkins, Cute Boy, Crimes, and so much more!

We learned that New York is apple country.  We decided to go and pick a ton of apples to make our own apple pie filling.  We got a 5 gallon bucket and filled it up with Granny Smith apples.  There was a sign that said one bucket filled is about 70 pounds.  I thought that was plenty.  So we got an entire bucket.  We also got 3 pumpkins for the season.  We got to ride a wagon up to the pumpkin patch and then we got to pick our own pumpkins.  Of course while picking pumpkins, baby tripped and just about cut his eyeball.  Instead, just some flesh was sliced.  It wouldn't be a family trip out if someone didn't get hurt.

See our Daddy, Mommy and Baby sized pumpkings?  And our 70 pound bag of apples (which actually were 0.70c per pound we only got about 30 pounds.  40 pounds short of what I thought we were getting.)  Aren't those pumpkins adorable?  They are so cute.  Stay tuned for more on our pumpkins.


Rubber boots are a must if you are going to grow up in New York.  Every puddle had to be splashed in.  It remind me of someone, but I can't put my finger on who...

Brett helped me can 15 pints of appl pie filling.  It was so much fun and we got some yummy yummy pie filling!

Baby got a halloween treat in he mail fom Mimi.  He loved the candy and the owl.  (the tv was on while we were trying to take the picture, but he loved it!)  Remember our adorable pumpkins?  Well, a crime has been commited!  Some people open their doors to find someone has smashed their pumpkin in the street.  Not many people walk outside to find their pumpkins half devoured! 


I believe the criminal to be 3 inches tall, long front teeth, teeny feet, and stripes on the back.  I suspect that the criminal also lives underneath the Sturgill's front steps (our next door neighbors, can you believe they are abetting this thing?)  Two of our pumpkins have been attacked in such a fashion.  I think we can say there is a serial pumpkin killer chipmunk living next door.  I was wondering why there weren't any pumpkins outside anyone else's house.

At the National Museum of Play, we spend at least 10 minutes at the train table.  (That's a long time for us.)  It is nice to live so close all these places that have sooo much to offer.


This is just HIM.  He's so adorable!

This is Him too.  I love it!

The museum changes the exhibits pretty often, and right now they have an exhibit of explorers.  This is replica of a tent this guy lived in as he hacked through a jungle in Africa.  Baby loves this room.  I really like it too.  It makes me want to go out and save the world.  Some fun stories about Baby, sometimes he yells at me saying... "Mom! Mom! Mommmm!"  I then say... "Baby!"  Then he puts his finger up to his mouth and says..."Shhhh!"  If he wants me to go somewhere, he either pushes my legs or he grabs my hand, finds my thumb and starts pulling me to where he wants to go.  He has to hold my thumb, I don't know why.  Hewill go to the fridge and knock on the door and say some kind of word that starts with a D.  I say... "You want a drink?"  and He nods his head enthusiastically and say "Haghda!"  Which I think he is trying to say "Oh Yeah."  He is so funny.  He can say Shoe, chair, and train.  He loves trains and dinosaurs.  He loves to give hugs and kisses.  He is so smart. 

I am really trying to learn to sew.  I have found that sewing things for kids makes learning a bit cheaper and easier.  There is a woman in our ward that just joined the church, she has a little girl who doesn't have a dress.  So I decided I would make her a dress.  I already had this fabric for another project that I forgot what it was for.  So used it for a little girl dress.  I really like it.  We had our visiting teaching conference and I found out that this new sister is my companion.  My first thought... "Now I have to be a really good visiting teacher so this chick will figure out how this works."  It was a little scary, but I think it will be good.  I told Ally today that I have this dress for her daughter, I thought she would be offended, but she is so excited.  I am really excited to see it on her little girl. 

4 comments:

Hilary and Evan Biddulph said...

I can't believe how big he has grown!!! PS the dress looks super cute! Good job!

Unknown said...

I love the dress! I KNEW you'd be awesome at sewing clothes too!!! We miss you!!!

Tina said...

Wow!! That dress is adorable! Great job. You'll do great showing the new sister how VT works!!!!

martienn said...

your blog is very interesting ; )
good !
i like it ; ***


if you want follow me and write comment ; * <3