Baby was a Monkey for Halloween. I worked so hard on his costume. It wasn't perfect, but it was pretty awesome. I always thought it was so neat that my mom made our costumes when we were little, and I have always wanted to do it for my kids. This was my first attempt and I am really happy with it.
He would rarely look at the camera while wearing his monkey suit. We had our ward Halloween party on friday and he loved loved loved running around.
And rolling down the hall.
and some more running.
Searching for candy in the straw was kinda fun. He didn't really want to wade through it, until they were cleaning it up. Typical right?
I know the ears are something else. I love them. He actually left the hood on all night. Probably because there was plenty of candy around.
Sharing candy with Daddy.
YUMMY!
Grandma had sent this costume in the mail. Baby wore this to a Halloween party thrown on by Melanie and Aaron Butler. Mel loves Halloween and had an awesome party. She made some really cool snacks. Baby loved the Werewolf Claws (chocolate covered pretzels.) We put Kung Fu Panda on and let him eat and watch the movie. We caught on that he was covered in chocolate right before he tried to touch something. It was a close one.
We had a great Halloween!
Remember how I said Baby likes to yell at me then shush me when I answer? The following picture is not a picture of Baby making the boring sign, but shushing. He makes an SSSS sound while he does it.
He did it in WalMart today and everybody around thought he was SO cute and funny. I have to agree, he is!
This is the face Baby makes when you tell him to smile. It looks painful huh? He is so much fun.
Did you know plates can be worn at hats? Yes, but only when you have spaghetti to squish in your hair to hold it in place. Whenever he climbs into his chair either for a meal, a snack or a drink, he folds his arms ready to say a prayer. I have even caught him trying to close his eyes too, which I have never told him to do. He is such a smart boy.
Baby loves to read. He loves books, and stories. Especially rhyming stories. His new favorite is Llama Llama Mad at Mama. It has a great cadence and is really fun to read. However, afte the third time reading it, I constantly thinking in that cadence. He also loves anything to do with a dinosaur or a train.
I love the way he makes a train noise. It is a high pitched CH CH. It is so sweet. He is so sweet. He loves to give kisses and hugs. When he gives a kiss he closes his lips (not all the time, and sometimes he sticks out his lower lip) and leans in while he says Mmmmm. I love being a mom.
5 comments:
I love that monkey suit - good job mama!
Such a cute monkey. You did a great job on his costume!
i love the ears & tail. awesome job. I'm so glad he loves to read with you now!
Love your cute Monkey! I'm so glad you got to trick or treat outside! Just imagining how cold it is in Rochester makes me cringe...
Did you make his costume?!!!
That is so funny that we both were thinking "monkey" for Bryce! I LOVE your costume - especially those crazy ears! Way cute!
Thanks for sharing your Halloween! We are missing you guys so much, but this makes it at least a little easier. I love technology! :o)
Post a Comment