Tuesday, June 15, 2010

You Should Have Seen Her Face!

On Saturday, Dedra and I had a yard sale.  It was so much fun!  It was freezing, but we had a good time hanging out and selling our stuff.  We actually did really well.  Some friends of ours, and my home teachers let us set up on their lawn which is right on 400 E so we picked up a lot of traffic.  The funniest thing happened.  Dedra was working on her felt books, which are adorable.  (You can see them on her etsy shop modish podish.)  She was making one for her daughter.  It was full of sweet things like candy, ice cream cones and good stuff.  Well, a lady (I can hardly type and am laughing about it now...) while paying commented on how cute it was.  And I, being the clever person I am said... "Aren't they adorable?  She is going to make a dirty one for boys!"  She looked at me like I had done something really wrong.  Then it hit me.  I meant something like snips and snails and puppy dog tails.  digging in dirt, worms, boys get dirty!  That's all I meant.  She hustled off pretty quickly trying to get her son away from that yard sale.  Good thing she had already paid huh?!  It was so funny. So, the moral of the story... Unintentional one liners are great!