Tuesday, March 16, 2010
Well...
My sister had her first round of chemo today. She did really well, said it wasn't too bad and they gave her free food so you can't beat that can you? Oh, you are probably going... "What the?!" Two weeks ago Rachel was diagnosed with Lymphoma (cancer of the lymphatic system.) Through pathology they have determined it to be Hodgkins Lymphoma. They say that if you are going to get it, this is the one you want. It is very treatable. So says the superfluous "they". I know she will be fine, but its crazy when I think that my sister has cancer. She has a great personality, up beat and positive. She has a huge support system which is the most important. And above all, she has a fantastic fiance. Yes, that's right fiance. She got engaged to a really great guy on Saturday. He has a great story about how he knew he was sopposed to propose, you will have to ask him about it. His name is Skyler Anderson, and he is perfect for her. A great addition to the family. Keep her in your prayers if you can. She is going to be fine. We are starting a blog for her, called The Rachel Report. It is at raesreport.blogspot.com Come and visit when its up and running!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I'm so sorry to hear about your sister's cancer. I can only imagine how frightening that would be. I will keep her and your family in my prayers. And a congratulations to her for her engagement!
She is still twelve in my head and twelve year olds don't get engaged! What the what! :)
Also, I bet she whips this cancer like a champ. I'll be praying for you guys. Love you lots!
I had no idea Jenna. What a crazy thing to have happen but so wonderful about her finace and the proposal. I don't know him so I can't ask him. Maybe you could get his permission to share the story with me?!?
I'll keep her and your family in my prayers for sure!!
Wow Jenna. All I can imagine is Raechel as a little girl that always wanted to follow us around. She will be in my prayers and I am so happy for her great news and the wonderful support system she has. Keep us posted!
Post a Comment