Saturday, January 9, 2010

Christmas Vacation... Disneyland!




This was the third time Bryce rode the Merry Go Round.  He finally had the confidence to let go of the pole and look around.  The first time, he held on tight with his arms and his face.


This was at the Airport waiting for our flight out to Long Beach, California, and Bryce's first trip on an airplane.  He did really well.  I was worried he wouldn't do well with the pressure changes, but he did great!  He didn't cry until we were making our final descent, but that only lasted a minute.  On the flight home, he didn't cry at all.  He just fell asleep.  It was Great!
 
This was a ride in Bug's Land.  Little Jake wanted to be in the chinese box, so we raced around trying to snag it before anyone else.  We were successful, and Bryce loved it.
Mr. Potato Head!  He is an animatron guy that stands right outside the Toy Story Mania ride.  He talks and moves, makes jokes.  He is really funny.  Bryce couldn't keep his eyes off him!  It was so cute.  Toy Story Mania is like Astro Blasters, only so much better.  Its in 3D and you have a gun that you get to shoot targets with.  You rack up your points and stuff like that.  When you pop balloons, air blows on you in little puffs.  Bryce really didn't like it.  So of all the rides we could tak him on, this was the only one he really didn't like.
Sleeping Beauty's castle decorated for the holidays. It was so beautiful!  The picture doesn't give it justice. 
During the holiday parade.  Bryce loved all the lights and people. 



Brett and I wanted to see the castle up close, I wish the picture looked better, but it was awesome!  I love my Minnie Mouse ears.  I wore them everyday, and everywhere.  (I know you can't see the ears, and just the bow, but they are there!)


I got to hold Bryce when we went on Pirates of the Carribbean.  He loved it!  Although, I forgot about the drops at the beginning, and was surpirsed at how droppy the were.  I just about lost my ears while trying to hold tight to Bryce.  I thought he would freak out, but he just sat in my lap soaking it all in.  Thankfully, Alexa (Brett's sister) used her ninja like skills to snatch my ears right out of the air.

What kind of pirate doesn't sleep with his sword?

Bryce and Momma had so much fun together!

This was going into It's a Small World, it was also festive for the holidays.  Bryce absolutely loved it!  He eyes were so wide with thrill!  It was awesome.

We spent Friday and Saturday at Disneyland, so Sunday we decided to go the beach.  On our way there it got up to 80 degrees!  It was so great, but by the time we reached the beach it had gone back down to 70.  Aweful huh!?  This trip was full of firsts, so this was Bryce's first time at the beach.  We put his feet in the sand, and in the water.  He didn't seem to care all that much.  I really wanted to see what he would do when a wave came up over his feet, so we brought him closer, thinking it would only cover his feet.  Ha!  Boy was I fooled, the next wave was a big one and came up around his little bum!  He didn't like it one bit!  Probably because the water was freezing!  I felt so bad, that was such a horrible mommy moment.  But he recovered.  And went on to try to eat rocks and sand.  It was a great day.

A classic, the Dumbo ride.


Waiting to get on the boat for the Jungle Cruise.  We had spent a lot of time in lines, so I think we all felt like this.  But boy was he in for a treat!  We had so much fun on the jungle cruise.  When the piranhas jumped out of the water, Bryce jumped pretty high!  It was adorabe.


This sums up our whole vacation!  It was wonderful, and desperatly needed.  Bryce had a great time, and we did too!  Thanks Grandma and Grandpa for the fun!

3 comments:

Tina said...

What a FUN Christmas vacation!! Bryce looks like he enjoyed himself so much and so did his parents.
I'm so glad you had a BLAST and he behaved so nicely on the plane. What a relief.

BTW: I LOVE the sleeping picture with him holding his sword. That sums up the vacation. He was complete with his sword! (so cute)

Rita said...

Looks like you guys had a blast! We really need to get together soon.

Katie and Jason said...

I'm so glad you guys had a great trip! I just wish we would've been able to see you guys. The day after we got home, Jason was sick throwing up and I felt like crud too. So we didn't do much last week. Sorry I didn't call. I loved all of your pictures though! Let me know next time you guys want to come!!