We headed out to Utah at the end of May. Before we left I tried to prepare my little Kool Kat for the long journey. I bought lots of snacks, and some new toys for each day (or when we needed a new distraction.) The big prize was Cars on DVD to watch. He also got a Mater truck to go with it.
He mostly just played with his dinosaurs (his favorite) and was so good the entire trip!
Brett was really good too. I prepared a little bit for him too by getting his favorite road trip treat. Skittles, can't you see how happy he is? This was on our first day of the trip. It started out great. We had breakfast over at some friend's house which was amazing, then we headed out. As we were driving, it got hotter and hotter and hotter. We started thinking our AC in the car was broken because we could not cool off. Poor Toddler was just drenched in sweat. Brett was soaked, and I wanted to die. Once the sun went down (which took forever) we felt a lot better. We then realized that it was that 90 degree sunshine heating up our dash that radiated heat onto us and our poor AC couldn't keep up with it. Next time... either don't travel west in the summer, or drive at night.
Yep, Apa had to seriously wash his hair.
Pony rides at Thanksgiving Point, Thanks Aunt Chelsea!
Action shot, but Toddles and Honey dog wrestled all summer long. She was the best dog for him. She let him do anything and she wouldn't react. Until he touched her tail, she doesn't like that. They loved to play a chasing game in the house. Toddles would wave some food in her face and run away, she would chase him while trying to get the food. They had so much fun (he probably more than she)!
Who doesn't have a plunger out in the rain?
Helping Apa fix the sink.
Birthday cheesecake. For months I had been saving this recipe for my birthday. It uses fresh strawberries, but a whole lot of sugar and cream cheese. AND, the crust has nutella in it. I don't eat like this a whole lot so I was saving it for my birthday. It was so much fun to watch my mom make it. I should have documented it, but I was so excited. And, the wait was totally worth it! Delicious! you can get the recipe at zoebakes.com (strawberry no bake cheesecake.)
Putting pennies away with Ami.
Stay tuned, there's more to come.
4 comments:
Looks like you had a lot of fun! Okay, and I just have to mention I think it's hilarious that you won't say Kool Kat's name on your blog, but you will post a picture of him naked! lol
Love the plunger! Kids shouldn't be allowed to have so much fun with one of those! :)
What a fun trip. What was that oh so yummy treat he was eating in the first picture with I think it was your dad... seriously it looked so good!! I'm glad you were able to spend some time with your family.
How fun!!!! Your little guy is such a cutie pie! Glad your trip went great!
Post a Comment