Friday, September 16, 2011

In which I make a poor choice in color...

After our big summer vacation, I decided that since we are going to live here in this apartment, half basement and all, for another 3 years we might as well paint and make it look better.  I spent a lot of time looking at hgtv.com and got lots of good ideas.  I really loved the idea of a bathroom that was cobalt blue and everything else to accent was bright white.  Most of our bathroom is white so I thought it would work for us.  No, it didn't.  Have you ever been in a cave?  Well, once we got it painted it felt like one.  That superman would have an affinity for.  It was bad!  And not just because of the green shower curtain.  I was so distraught.  Thankfully Brett hated it as much as I did and agreed to immediatly get some good primer and a new color of paint.  I chose a lovely gray and I love it now. (Pictures to come.) But I could help post about my blunder in color.  Enjoy.


Makeshift pool


He's just cute.


This is the size of hail that fell from the sky a couple of weeks ago.  We are so glad we were inside and not out on a walk.  And yes, I realize there were duplicate pictures in the 2 previous posts.

1 comment:

Traci M said...

I loooooooooooooove that color! But I guess I could see how it makes you feel the walls are closing in. :)