Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Does anyone recognize this lovely lady?

Not me, the one in the middle?  If you are from Springville and went to the Hobble Creek Singles Branch you should know her.  Yep, it is Sister Amanda Wilkinson.  Her missionary tag is showing... a little.  Funny story... On one of those stressful Sundays just after our church schedule changed to 1pm church, we arrived in the chapel all frazzled and shook with a screaming toddler.  I am getting Toddles all settled on a bench, I turn around and look up into the huge doe eyes of someone from my past.  My mind had a momentary lapse in time as it tried to rearrange my thoughts.  This person and my present stae didn't mix.  My head cleared and I said... "What are you doing here?" Just as she said "What... the... YOU HAVE A CHILD?!" It was crazy!  Sister Wilkinson had just been transfered to our ward.  The even funnier thing (to me) was that we the sisters over for dinner two nights before, the day before their transfers.  We were asking about the new sister and Sis. Carter and Christiansen (seen in the picture) talked about how wonderful this new Sister Wilkinson was.  It was funny.  She is doing such a great job.  She is very passionate about the gospel and is very creative.  They are having a lot of success here in Rochester.  We love to have the missionaries over for dinner, or to help them practice their lessons.  It really is blast.  Their mission president is pretty awesome too.  He reminds me of my dad (Sis. Wilkinson agreed with me.) President Christiansen and his wife gave a fireside for our relief society and it was wonderful!  I am so jealous of the missionaries, I would love to go to their zone conferences and listen to him.  There are always surprises here in Rochester!

1 comment:

Shan said...

That's so fun Jenna! I always wished that would happen to me. But alas, it has not! P.S. You are beautiful!!! Love you in blue!