Hooray for Vacations! We just got back from a cruise to the Eastern Caribbean. It was BEAUTIFUL! We had a blast. We went with Brett's parents, two of his sisters and we met up with Grandma and Grandpa Bacon, and Uncle Jim Aunt Angie and Cousin Elijah. And yes, we took Bryce. How could we not? It definalty wasn't as relaxing as before, but he was so much fun! On the airplane, Brett would hold him up to the air blower thing and it would blow air really hard on his face and head. He thought it was so funny! He would also climb up the back of the seats to flirt with the girls behind him. Who can resist him? I don't know anybody, maybe Elijah...
This was a fun game. We had a little bit of a lay over in Balitmore (on our way to Fort Lauderdale) and Bryce discovered you can have a lot of fun on an escalator. Even the walkalaters were fun. So we got to know the moving parts of Baltimore's airport really well.
Our second flight, we got first class seats! Not really, we just got to sit in the first row so we got extra foot space. Brett, Elise and I sat on one side, Chelsea, Jennifer and Craig sat on the other side so Bryce had a lot of space to run around. That first row is the perfect place to be when you have a toddler! I will always try to get that seat from now until the day I fly no more.
Here we are waiting for the shuttle to take us to the cruise ship.
Here I am getting onto the Carnival Glory! It is an amazing feeling stepping onto a ship. Ahhh...
Craig and Jennifer got a balcony suite. Not only was this a balcony, but it was huge! There was space for 8 people to lounge in the sun! It was so great for Bryce. He could run and play and not get into mischief! He loved it. When we first got into the room, but didn't have our bags, we kinda sorta really ran out of diapers. So he got to run around naked on the balcony! He loved it. What's better than Sun, Miami, and no clothes?
Our first stop was Half Moon Cay. It is a little Island owned by Cruise companies so there aren't a lot of people there. It was probably the most gorgeous place I have ever been. The water was so blue, the sand was white and soooo fine. It felt so good on your feet.
Every kid likes to eat sand right? I had to take a picture before it stopped him. I did stop him though. And after a couple of sandy diapers, he never ate the sand again.
Our ship, the Carnival Glory.
Gorgeous no?
We rented a cabana (this isn't the one we stayed in, but you couldn't see that one as well.) It was great to have a spot that you could get out of the sun for a few moments. It had fresh fruit, dips, chips, floaty things, snorkaling gear, lounge chairs, fans, and towels (basically everything but the boy!) It was wonderful. Bryce had so much fun. He loved the water. After a couple of hours I took him out on a floaty thing and he fell asleep. In the water. It was so wonderful to hold him and float in the ocean. I loved it. Jim got some pictures, they will come later.
The ending of a sunset. Picture taken off the balcony.
On the cruise ships, you can get ice cream cones 24 hours a day. Bryce loved the icecream cones! Especially the chocolate ones.
Every night, when you go to dinner, your room steward makes up your room. So when you come back, your bed and room is all tidy and they leave mints and a towel animal on your bed. This is just one example of the towel animals. They are so cute.
In San Juan, we walked past Senor Frogs. So naturally we had to get a picture. Even though we do not drink. But it was fun! I will post more about our trip later. But for now,enjoy!
5 comments:
How fun!! I think it's awesome that you guys took Bryce on the cruise too! What a fun vacation before medical school starts!
That all sounded and looked heavenly. With a crying baby not wanting to go to sleep at the moment and another little boy that won't stay in bed, I would LOVE to be there and "get away from it all!!" I'm glad you had such a great time.
So jealous! I have been longing for a warm beach to lay on for a long time!! I am glad that you had a good time, everyone needs a good vacation!
How fun!!! It looks like you had a great get away.
I soooo need a vaca. I don't think it will come soon either. But, I loved seeing your beautiful pics. I am so jealous. I am going to spend a month + in Utah this summer. We will have to get together. I come June 18th leave july 25
Post a Comment