This is my new cool tool. Looks like a chinese finger trap huh! It is a Jalapeno corer and seed remover. It works really well for tomatos too. So, what do jalapenos, tomatos, and a warm spring day have to do with the price of eggs? I will tell you!
SALSA SALSA SALSA SALSA! I think everyone has that one thing they make themselves that just hits the spot! Salsa is mine. I think it is the best salsa ever. I have a love hate relationship with the jalapenos though. I love the heat (it always varies, Brett likes it very hot, I am a little more reserved so i keep the seeds out so he can add his own extra heat. Its a lot easier now that we have a cool tool to do it!) but I am not a huge fan of it when it gets on my lips. Your lips burn and tingle, so you keep licking them. If you are lucky there is a little salt left on them, which of course leads to get a drink. On the way to get a drink you spot that salsa. The smell begs you to take another bite. Its a vicious yet delicious trap. One of my roommates in college was addicted to salsa. (Not mine, I didn't know how to make this delicacy yet) And when we needed a treat, or something to snack on if it wasn't popcorn, it was "Chips and Salsa!!!!!" You have to say it in a boistrous sing song voice. It was classic Shanny. I actually learned my recipe from one of my dearest friends SarBear. I was over at her house when her family was making it. They grew all their own ingredients. I don't do that, it really doesn't work for me. Anyhow, I was addicted to it that very night.
In other news... Bryce has discovered how to climb. I was really hoping he wouldn't be a climber, but the boy is fearless! I caught him getting into the cupboard under the sink (he knows that is off limits) so while I was picking up the 409 bottle in the other room, he dropped the door to the dish washer and climbed on. He stood and looked at me like "What are you going to do? Panic? I hope so, its funny!" I would have taken a picture, but I didn't want the dishwasher to break. Especially since we are renting it. I blame the kids at the park. Always climbing up the slide the wrong way, he never would have become such climber if he hadn't seen them. YeaH, its their fault.
Some other updates on Bryce, he loves to read and turn pages. He loves this book by Eric Carle called 123 to the Zoo. He can tell you what noise the Monkey makes, and what noise a Goldfish makes. (Pop Pop Pop with your mouth quietly.) He is just as adorable as ever, and growing up way too fast. We love it!
4 comments:
That is the cutest Jenna! I can't wait until John starts having a personality and waving and bringing things to me... it's the cutest stage so far I think!
Your salsa looks fabulous!!! Yummy!!
Hey, guess what? I had Chips and Salsa the other day and was thinking about the good ol' days in 44. Remember how we all made T-shirts from our quote board? Classic. Your salsa looks amazing. I'm sure if you had your recipe back then, I'd be addicted!
Wow Jenna I am salivating!!!! This pregnancy ALL I have been craving is chips and salsa. If you looked in my fridge right now you would find around 8 different flavors of salsa. I should have known you had the knack for creating such wonderfully yummy things. Your moms food was always delicious! Speaking of your moms food. Would she ever pass on her wild rice soup recipe? Your little guys a cutie. They grow up way to fast!!!!
chips and Salsa are my favorite too! they are my summer addiction and I'd even pick them over ice cream! Willing to share your resiept??? Let me know!
Your little boy has grown so fact and he looks like your hubby and Jake!
Post a Comment